Thursday, June 11, 2009

To pee or not to pee, that is the question!

Okay, so here's a second funny thing that happened this week. Aidan is pretty much potty trained but he also needs to go about 20 times a day. He also hasn't learned how to pee standing up yet, he gets nervous when I try to get him to do it. So we're heading to Home Depot a few nights ago and he tells us he needs to go. I tell him he'll have to wait until we get there and he proceeds to cry and get really upset, saying he can't wait. We were on a road that is really wide and has vegetation on either side so Matt suggested I pull over and have him pee on the side of the road. It's dark outside, the shoulder is really wide so I figure why not. I get him out, drop his pants and tell him to just go ahead and go. He refuses despite my assurances that it is totally okay and boys can do that. Then he starts to cry and cry and cry. It felt like I was the meanest mom in the world all because I was trying to get him to pee on the side of the road. Of course the rest of the family was watching from the car and laughing their heads off. I ended up finding a pullup in the car and putting it on him. He actually was able to hold it until we got to Home Depot (he did cry a bit more in the car while trying to hold it). I guess maybe it's time to let him run around naked outside so he can figure this out.