Sabrina's 6th birthday was on May 20th. We had a birthday party for her on the Saturday of that week. I'm not the best mom when it comes to birthday parties. They are overwhelming to me and I try to keep them pretty simple (and pretty cheap). We invited all the girls from her class at school and several girls from the ward. Unfortunately, another girl in her class was having her party the same day (Bri's party was 10-12 and this girl's party was 12-2 and it was about 45 minutes away) so she couldn't come and Bri couldn't go to hers. Several girls had to leave early so they wouldn't be too late to the other girl's party. Then another had a soccer game, another was in Kona, etc. so we didn't end up with a big group. It turned out just fine though and I think they all had fun. It was a princess theme (what else would it be?) and so everything was in shades of pink. We played several games, listened and danced to Disney princess music and had yummy pink cake and pink punch. The girls all really seemed to have fun and it was great to see Sabrina's with her friends. She's always been really social.
"Pin the princess on the castle" game - I got this awesome game at a party supply store. All the other princesses are in their windows on the castle and the girls each got a sticker with Cinderella on it against a different colored background to put in the center window. The one who got closest, wins. They all seemed to love it and the game was so nice. It was easy to pack back up so we can use it again at another party.

These are the girls in the midst of the treasure hunt. I always do a treasure hunt at my kids' parties and they are always the funnest part. jackson helped me with all the clues and the girls all got a bit crazy running around trying to find them. There was, of course, a few tears by some younger girls who weren't fast enough to get the clues but all in all, I think it was the funnest part of the party. The kids can't read the clue themselves, they have to hand it over to me to read to them but before I do, I always make them do an activity first. The Hokey Pokey is always one of the activities and this time I think we also did rubbing their tummies and patting their head, jumping on one foot and singing "Head, shoulders, knees, and toes" to which one cute little girl replied, "I only know it in Japanese!" I told her to sing in Japanese then :-)
More treasure hunting

The treasure at the end were these great bubble wands. This is the kids outside playing with them on the grass.

Blowing out the candles

This is Kapae and Kilinoe Aki, our friends in our ward

Pohai, Aidan, Sammi, Sabrina, Kapae, Daline

Sabrina wearing Sammi's gift, a Cheetah Girls dress-up outfit. Oh my!
This is Bri on her birthday opening our presents. When I asked her what she wanted, she kept saying a stuffed unicorn. I don't know where the idea came from but luckily I was able to find on and she was very happy.

In her new rash guard!

This is the cute swimsuit she got from Aunt Erin and family. She LOVED it! She's such a poser!
1 comment:
Hubba, hubba! Happy 6th birthday, Brina. Your mom surely made it a nice one for you. I agree with you on the birthday parties. Only have a friends party every few years, or you'll go bonkers.
Post a Comment