Monday, September 8, 2008
Farmer's Market
So we went to the Farmer's Market on the way home from the beach on Saturday. This place is awesome. So much fresh produce and all kinds of crafts, jewelry, clothes, etc. It's really fun. Anyway, as I was walking through I saw a guy selling hummus. Now I LOVE hummus. It's tasty and healthy, great combination. Aidan and Abby both love it too so it's a snack that at least half of the family will eat and that doesn't happen often in this family of picky eaters. He had four kinds and I just couldn't pass it up. He was actually getting ready to leave so he told me I could have the samples he had left because he was just going to toss them. The kids were thrilled and walked around the market eating them with a popsicle stick he had for tasting. They were all so good that I had to buy one so I opted for the Pesto with sun dried tomato hummus. Delish!! I took pictures of the ones I brought home, I didn't bring one because it was a fire roasted pepper hummus that although sooooo good, it was incredibly hot and I didn't think we'd eat much of it. Above there is the Wasabi on the left, then the roasted garlic in the middle, and the pesto on the right. They were about 10 times better than the hummus I buy in the store. Another thing to love about here. I'm trying to make a list to remind myself when I get homesick. Below are the other items I picked up at the market. Two butter avocados, some apple bananas (they're small and very good) and a sweet white pineapple. I cut the pineapple up as soon as we got home and when Matt was eating it he said "It's like candy." Fresh pineapple is so amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Ooooh! I hope that they have this when I visit! I love Farmer's Markets and I'm working on loving hummus, but that pesto looks awesome! Mix it with some pasta - yum!
It's there twice a week, Wednesdays and Saturdays. Seriously, this stuff is good. We just usually eat it with wheat thins. Aidan downs the stuff.
OK, when we come over we will definately come visit on a Saturday or Wednesday!
Post a Comment