Monday, September 8, 2008

Answers to Prayers

Don't you love those moments when you realize that your child has actually listened and learned something from you? Yesterday morning we were scrambling trying to get ready for church. Abby comes in whining about only being able to find one shoe and she only has one pair of church shoes. I was trying to finish getting ready myself and Matt was already in the car with the other kids so I told her to go look in her room again and I'd come help in a minute. A couple of minutes later she comes back with both shoes in hand and says "I said a prayer and looked in the closet again and it was right there." She was so excited that her prayer had been answered because she said she had looked there just before and her shoe wasn't there. Not only was it great that she got an answer to her prayer but I was so proud of her for thinking to say a prayer. It was a great teaching moment and we talked about it later during scripture study. So often I feel like everything I say to my kids goes in one ear and out the other so it was nice to see that they are getting something of worth from us. Now if I could just get them to do chores without whining....maybe someday.

2 comments:

Terry said...

That does make you feel good, doesn't it!

otters8 said...

Well, i'm here to tell you they will NEVER stop whining about doing chores...but, because we have taught our kids the value of work, both our boys have been recognized by their employers as being "the best workers they have ever had" and Ryan has even thanked me for teaching him the value of work. So hang in there, it will pay off in the end. Miss you!