Sunday, August 10, 2008

Coconut Island

This is the view from a place called Coconut Island. It's a tiny little island where you can have picnics and swim. It's really beautiful and you get a great view of downtown Hilo from here which is what is in the background with the picture of Bri and Aidan. The picture of the tree (sorry it is sideways, I forgot to rotate it) shows different heights where the water was during certain floods and a devastating tsunami years ago. The last picture is from the parking lot where you cross the bridge to Coconut Island. It's looking across at Liliukualani Garden (I think I spelled that right). It's a beautiful Japanese style garden on the edge of the water. We went walking there last Sunday and it was so nice. This really is a beautiful place to live.


2 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

I didn't get to go to Hilo because it was raining so much that major roads had flooded. I'm excited to go next year!

Terry said...

When Donna and I were there we took a tour bus around the island and spent only a few minutes in Hilo. We went to a waterfall that was right there in town. I Hilo as being very beautiful, and rainy. We look forward to coming back to visit in April.