Ellen and Aidan : Best buddies
On their last day here, I took Heidi and Ellen, with Aidan tagging along, down to Volcano National Park. You'd think I'd get tired of going down there but no, I really don't. It's beautiful and the thought that I'm looking at an actual volcano is incredible to me. We took one of the tours and since the air quality wasn't great and they were going by the sulfur vents, Aidan and I hung back for part of the tour and just played. We drove over to Jagger Museum to get a good look at the ever erupting Halemaumau Crater. Then we went down and went through the Thurston Lava Tube. We had to be back for when the kids got home from school so we didn't stay too long. Later that afternoon after the kids were home we headed up to Akaka Falls. This place is so incredibly beautiful. Not only are the falls amazing but the walk through the rain forest to them is breathtaking in my opinion. I love it. On the way home we stopped at What's Shakin' for smoothies, the best around. We got home and Heidi and Ellen packed up and headed for the airport for their red eye back home. We were all so sad to see them go. It was so fun to have them here and the kids adored Ellen. Aidan especially took a fancy to her. It's amazing for me to think of playing with her as a little girl just like she was playing with Aidan. She's grown up into such a beautiful young woman and I'm so grateful to her parents and my parents for giving her the opportunity to come with Heidi.
Akaka Falls
Heidi, Ellen and Aidan in front of Halemaumau Crater
Ellen and my kids in front of Akaka Falls
Inside of Thurston Lava Tube
I love this picture, Heidi was so cute with Aidan



1 comment:
Hey Jeanne, we are coming the 18th of April for a week, going home on the 25th evening for Evie, and 26th day for us. We'll be staying in a timeshare at Kona, but want to come over to do some day trips with you guys. Think about what you'd like to show us and when. We've already been to Volcanoes National Park and the lava tubes. We can't wait!
Post a Comment