I've been waiting to get a good picture of Mauna Kea to put on here but everytime I would finally have a camera it would be covered with clouds. So, I was excited when we were down at the beach and it was uncovered. Not only that, it had snow at the top. What?! Snow in Hawaii?! Yes, folks, we actually get snow here in Hawaii. It may be a small bit, but it is snow, nonetheless. I've heard about how it's possible to go swimming at the beach in the morning and skiing on Mauna Kea in the evening. Mauna Kea is the tallest mountain in the world when measured from base to summit. You all thought it was something like Mt. Everest, huh? Nope, when measured from the base which is actually about 19,000 feet below the ocean, it ranks as the tallest mountain in the world. And we live right on the slopes of it. I get a great view of it every day as I drive home from dropping Matt off at work. It's really beautiful. Now let's just hope it doesn't erupt while we're here, it is a dormant volcano after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Isn't the Big Island "dying"? Or nearly dead? Or something like that? That is cool that you saw it. It was covered the whole time I was there with clouds.
Post a Comment