Thursday, October 9, 2008

I love my van!

So we finally got our van back last night. Hallelujah!! I was going insane. My kids watched way too much tv the last few days. So, our first item on the agenda now that we had a car: go to the library. We took back our last batch of books last week but didn't have time to get new ones and the kids were anxious. We came home with probably 30 books. That outta keep them busy for awhile. I got 4 books myself. Even I was getting anxious because I was missing my recreational reading.

After the library I took the kids to the high school where I had them just play on the grass while I ran around the track. I haven't really exercised for almost a week and I was feeling it. Unfortunately, I kept having to stop because the kids wanted to ask me questions or were fighting about some ridiculous thing but at least I got some exercise. I ended up only doing a little over 2 miles but that's better than nothing.

After Aidan's nap, we packed up and headed to the beach. We took our grill and hot dogs and stayed for about 2 hours until it started to get dark. It's getting dark way too early these days. The tide was way out so in most parts of where we swam the water was only up to my knees but it was perfect for Aidan and the other kids had fun anyway. We saw some kids catch an eel which was pretty cool.

Now we are home and I just tried to cut Jackson's hair. I just buzz it with clippers but I guess since they are about 10 years old at least, they're starting to wear down and it wasn't doing such a good job. So Jackson kind of has half a hair cut because I finally gave up until I can go get some new ones that will actually work without ripping out his hair in chunks or leave big patches undone. I promised him I'd go get some tomorrow morning :-)

3 comments:

Terry said...

Glad you got your van back!

blindblogger said...

You did JUST over 2 miles? That's awesome. I'm still at a mile a day keeps the dr. away.

Jeanne said...

Not too long ago I would have been amazed that I could run 2 miles but since I've run a 10K I feel like I've really slid back. I lose it so quickly if I'm not running consistently. I guess I should be grateful for 2 miles. I just had a couple of friends run the St. George marathon. Now that is impressive! They qualified for the Boston Marathon too which they're really excited about.