These are some pictures from Matt and Jackson's backpacking trip last week. I uploaded them with the intention of having Jackson write a blog post about them but he was too tired and I didn't want to upload them again because our computer takes forever so the explanation will follow tomorrow when I can get Jackson on here to write some stuff. They went for 2 1/2 days down by Volcano National Park. Matt is the YM second counselor and this was supposed to be a scout backpacking trip. Really, it was a trip for the leaders because only one scout came but two cub scouts came (Jackson and La'akea, the son of the YM President) along with the 3 leaders. They camped on the beach and had an amazing time. They hiked nearly 20 miles in those few days and it was over lava rocks a lot of the way. They came home in the afternoon of New Year's Eve and they were exhausted so there wasn't much celebrating going on here. You should have seen me alone in my kitchen at midnight with my glass of sparkling apple cider. Pretty pathetic. Check back for Jackson's first post as a guest author on the blog :-)
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Backpacking trip in Hawaii...AWESOME!
These are some pictures from Matt and Jackson's backpacking trip last week. I uploaded them with the intention of having Jackson write a blog post about them but he was too tired and I didn't want to upload them again because our computer takes forever so the explanation will follow tomorrow when I can get Jackson on here to write some stuff. They went for 2 1/2 days down by Volcano National Park. Matt is the YM second counselor and this was supposed to be a scout backpacking trip. Really, it was a trip for the leaders because only one scout came but two cub scouts came (Jackson and La'akea, the son of the YM President) along with the 3 leaders. They camped on the beach and had an amazing time. They hiked nearly 20 miles in those few days and it was over lava rocks a lot of the way. They came home in the afternoon of New Year's Eve and they were exhausted so there wasn't much celebrating going on here. You should have seen me alone in my kitchen at midnight with my glass of sparkling apple cider. Pretty pathetic. Check back for Jackson's first post as a guest author on the blog :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I'm impressed you stayed up. Can't wait to hear Jackson's report.
That is so very cool. The picture of Matt and Jackson is priceless. Keep up the good work!
Your winter is soooo very different than here. It looks like paradise. I'm jealous of that adventure!
I too am impressed that you made it until midnight. We got ice cream cones at 10 pm and then went to bed. The pictures from the hike are amazing.
Post a Comment