The Wise Man brought a Hannah Montana jewelry box to baby Jesus
Joseph was quite jovial while I was trying to be serious as the shepherd
Our lovely angel sharing the joyous news
Mary doesn't look too worn out from the journey, does she?
It was different this year doing a nativity without a multitude of participants. We covered the basic parts which I suppose is what is important. I'm not sure the kids heard one word Matt said though as he read the story of Christ's birth from Luke. They were a bit hyper this evening. Oh well, at least they know the story.
One of our favorite things we did this holiday season was the result of a gift by someone a few years ago. We were given a binder that contained a story, scripture and carol for each day of the month leading up to Christmas. Each night we would read the scripture and sometimes sing (we didn't know all of the songs) and then read a story that exemplified the true spirit of Christmas. It was really a great way to prepare the kids for Christmas. I mentioned it in Relief Society and a woman asked if she could borrow it and scan it. I let her and she emailed it to everyone she knows and made it as gifts for a bunch of people. I'm just happy that other people can enjoy it like we have. What a great gift that was.



6 comments:
Did you get an email of it? Can you send it to me?
Lookd fun.
Love the Hannah Montanna.
Jeanne about the fondue I think I'm with you, I think next time we'll skip the cheese and go strait to the chocolate. My Cheese fondue was okay, but after it sat in the pot for awhile it got worse and worse. Chocolate is always a winner and I ate so much I had to ween myself off of chocolate for the last two weeks! Otherwise I got a headache. Glad to hear you guys did it too. The Rice Krispy treats sounds awesome! I'll have to try that.
I have a binder with stories and songs in it you can copy, Sheila. It's a great idea we haven't executed yet. Maybe next year... Your Nativity looks wonderful, Jeanne. Check out Bon's blog for our Colyar one, which was just as irreverent, although larger. We had a great time with your mom and dad in Orem last week. Love you!
This is so sweet. Your kids are adorable!
Post a Comment