Just a lovely winter day in Hilo. We went down to the park and I noticed I could get a clear view of Mauna Kea with the snow on top so I took my camera. I just wish the power lines weren't there. I actually get an amazing view of Mauna Kea on our drive home but I never have my camera in the car when it's clear. By the time we went home on this day it was already clouded over. This is a great park downtown. On this day, there was a little girl who was there having a picnic with her mom and little brother. She was probably about 6 or 7. She apparently wanted some attention and for some reason decided she wanted mine, in particular. She'd come up and say "Auntie, Auntie, look at what I can do!" (Auntie is what all the kids call you, men are called Uncle). Anyway, I tried to give her a little attention but I kind of needed to play with my own kids. It was funny. Anyway, gorgeous day. It's Martin Luther King, Jr. day today so the kids are off school again even though they just went back on Wednesday. We're heading off to the park down the street where Matt took Jackson to practice baseball. He just got signed up and had tryouts on Saturday and Matt said Jackson isn't even in the same league as most of these kids. They take it really seriously here. There is a kid in our ward who was just part of the team that won the Little League World Championship a few months ago. So Matt's off to practice with Jackson so we're going to go run around and enjoy the sunshine.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Just a lovely winter day in Hilo. We went down to the park and I noticed I could get a clear view of Mauna Kea with the snow on top so I took my camera. I just wish the power lines weren't there. I actually get an amazing view of Mauna Kea on our drive home but I never have my camera in the car when it's clear. By the time we went home on this day it was already clouded over. This is a great park downtown. On this day, there was a little girl who was there having a picnic with her mom and little brother. She was probably about 6 or 7. She apparently wanted some attention and for some reason decided she wanted mine, in particular. She'd come up and say "Auntie, Auntie, look at what I can do!" (Auntie is what all the kids call you, men are called Uncle). Anyway, I tried to give her a little attention but I kind of needed to play with my own kids. It was funny. Anyway, gorgeous day. It's Martin Luther King, Jr. day today so the kids are off school again even though they just went back on Wednesday. We're heading off to the park down the street where Matt took Jackson to practice baseball. He just got signed up and had tryouts on Saturday and Matt said Jackson isn't even in the same league as most of these kids. They take it really seriously here. There is a kid in our ward who was just part of the team that won the Little League World Championship a few months ago. So Matt's off to practice with Jackson so we're going to go run around and enjoy the sunshine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I'm sure Jackson in no time will be leading the league. That will be great to get his competitive juices going huh? Beautiful city!
wow, your kids are beautiful!
So jealous of YOUR winter. We are hibernating. Haven't seen Katie for weeks. Or Maren, or anyone. Just hibernating in this warm house, getting over colds.
How'd tryouts go?
I hate your winter. Only because I am insanely jealous and wish it was my winter.
(Hi Shelley!)
Post a Comment