Sunday, July 20, 2008

I love San Diego!

We've been having such a fun time here in SD. We've been swimming every day at the club across the street and the kids have been taking private swim lessons with a family friend here. They're learning so quickly with being able to practice every day. We've been to the beach twice. Matt's been golfing with Jackson a couple of times. We're heading to the zoo on Monday with some free passes the kids got from doing a reading program at the library here. The weather is beautiful! It's been great to be able to relax and have some fun. Matt surprised me with a date on Thursday night to see The Phantom of the Opera which is on tour here. The last time we saw it we were just married and had seats 4 rows from the front. This time we were 4 rows from the top but it was still just as amazing. He didn't tell me where we were going so I was so excited when I saw the sign for Phantom. It's one of my favorites! He scored big points with that one. Jackson is back from Nauvoo and has all kinds of interesting things to tell us about. He soaks up everything so he really loved it. We're excited for the family to start arriving this week for the wedding. I still feel like we're just on vacation and we'll be going home to Utah soon so I wonder when it will actually sink in. Probably not until we're in Hilo.

5 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

Lucky! A month-long vacation. :) I wish we could come hang out. I'm sick of the heat. Of course, Hawaii will give you some pretty beautiful weather!

Unknown said...

That does sound relaxing. I have great memories of going to San Diego growing up. It was one of our favorite ways to beat the Arizona heat. We'd love to see some pictures!

Janice said...

Sounds wonderful!

Shanon said...

Sounds like lots of fun family time. I am glad you are enjoying it. Have a safe trip!

Persnickety Prints said...

Just come back:) I drive by your house every wed to pick up the church key from sis tregaskis!
I need a vacation...change IS GOOD! We miss you guys!