Saturday, December 24, 2011

Haslam Christmas Post - Our year in review

Well, it's been a year since I've posted anything. Wow! I guess with our chaotic life, my blog has been low on the list of priorities. Hopefully, I'll do better this year. Since we haven't been able to send out Christmas letters the last few years, I've worried people will take me off their lists. Please don't! I love your Christmas letters. I'm hoping that this will do for this year and hopefully next year you all will get a lovely card with a fantastic family picture included.

Our year has been busy, chaotic and a lot of fun. The pics below are a random sampling of the events in the Haslam family this year. Unfortunately they are kind of backwards, starting in Dec., but you get the idea. Our biggest event this year was going home to the mainland this last summer for family reunions. It was so much fun and so hard to come back. We loved being with family. We got to go camping at the beach with the Haslams and had an extended Earl family reunion (my mom's family). It was the first time in 14 years I think that all of my cousins have been together. We had such a great time. I feel so blessed for the families we are a part of.

Please know that we love you all so much and are grateful for the blessings you are in our lives. Aloha and Mahalo!

Aidan at his Xmas carol singing program. Too darn cute!

Laupahoehoe Point with grandma and grandpa Brotherson who came for Thanksgiving.



Halloween 2011!



Gabrielle, age 11


Christian, 18 months



Aidan, age 5



Jackson, age 13


Sabrina, age 8



Jeanne, age ?, just showing off my short new do


Aidans first day of Kindergarten



Strawberry


Playing with cousins



Padres game



U.S.S. Midway


Sabrina's baptism - She was baptized at the same time as her cousin, Sadie, who was born on the same day.



Mormon Battalion Visitors Center



Christian loved playing in the sand at San Elijo State Beach



Swimming in the COLD water


Sitting around the campfire with Sadie and Audra



More hanging around the campfire


Matt and I celebrated our 17th anniversary



Abby getting ready to do her hula at the end of the year Hoolaulea


Matt taught a Harry Potter class at UH-Hilo, this was their end of semester viewing party.


Mothers Day


Christian turns 1!


Aidan turns 5!

Too cute to leave out :-)

Jackson becomes a teenager! Notice the mustache! It's much more prominent now. He's also taller than me by several inches.


Jackson participated in track again this year. Here is him doing the discus throw.


Playing an ancient Hawaiian game with Grandma at Pu'uhonua O' Honaunau.

Snorkeling at Honaunau.

Grandma and Grandpa's visit in the spring, all of us at Honaunau.

Being silly with Grandpa in Kona.



Grandma getting crazy on the slide at the hotel.


We tried to watch the sunset every night with my parents while we were staying in Kona.


Abby and Grandma

Love the T-shirt, Dad!

Aidan on the slide at the Sheraton.


Christian and Grandma


Merry Christmas Everyone!

1 comment:

Bryan and Lis said...

Loved the pictures! It's nice to see all that you did! Looks like it was a great year.