Friday, December 17, 2010

Family Pictures


We haven't had a really good family picture taken for years. I've desperately wanted one done but we really couldn't afford much but when I found out our neighbor was a photographer, I started making plans in my head. Christian was finally old enough to hopefully cooperate a little so I asked her recently if she'd take some for us. We were going to go to a beautiful park in town, Liliuokalani Gardens, but the weather was looking dismal so we headed further down the road and stopped at Richardson's Beach where it was cloudy but not raining. Our neighbor, Karen Welsh, went to town and took a bunch of pictures. Now you all know how hard it is to get pictures with everyone smiling but I think we managed pretty good. The ones of the kids especially turned out fantastic. I can't tell you how grateful I am to Karen. She's been a wonderful neighbor and friend and my kids are really attached to her. She came over the next night and had a collage of frames put together with the pictures and a dvd she'd made of the pictures put to music. It was her Christmas gift to us. I was so touched by this and so happy about the pictures. Every time I look at them I am filled with such love. I've gotta say, for two average looking people, Matt and I have produced some gorgeous kid!















I think this is probably the best picture of Matt and I we've ever had taken.




2 comments:

Christy said...

I love the pictures! They turned out beautiful and they look so Hawaii.

Unknown said...

Since when are you average looking Jeanne?! These pictures are lovely! They make me miss you and your family even more.