Sunday, March 14, 2010

8 days left

That's right! In 8 days, I'll be heading to my beloved homeland, Utah. I actually have a lot of mixed emotions about it all. I am so excited to go home and be with friends and family that I have missed so much but at the same time, I know it won't be like when we lived there. I won't be able to just go hang out with my friend, Katie, across the street or call my dad any time to go to lunch. I will probably be homebound a lot considering I'm going to be at the very end of my pregnancy and then I'll have a lovely but needy new born baby to attend to and my recovery to think of as well. And that's another thing, I'm going to have a newborn baby soon. Uh, did I really sign up for this again? I think if I could just skip the first 2-3 months of sleep deprivation, sore breasts and recovery from surgery, I'd be more excited but I keep thinking about all the hard stuff in the beginning with a newborn. Someone please remind me of all the wonderful things about having a newborn so I won't be so nervous. So anyway, pray for my safe arrival with the boys next week and the safe arrival of the baby in the coming month. Still taking name suggestions!

As an interesting side note (at least to me it's interesting), Abby has once again taken scissors to her hair. The girl got in big trouble last year for cutting a chunk of hair for the front of her long, gorgeous hair. Never could figure out why she did it but I made it very clear it better not happen again. Well today I woke up from a nap to find a bunch of chunks of hair on the counter, floor and trash in the kitchen. It was too long for the boys and the wrong color for Sabrina so I knew it was Abby. When I asked her what she'd done she said she had gotten something stuck in it at church so she got it out. I stood there silent for a minute and then just said, "Really? Really?" several times. She didn't even know what it was, it was in the back where she couldn't see anything and yet she didn't bother to wait until I was up, she took the scissors to her hair (without seeing what she was doing!) and some chunks of hair out. Luckily her hair is in a style now that is sort of chunky already in back so it's not hugely noticeable but I couldn't believe my 9 year old would do something like that, especially after she got in trouble last year for doing the same thing. Do they ever learn???????

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hopefully we will get to see you and Sabrina during your short stay, but I know it will be crazy with having a baby. I will have c section #4 this summer too, so I feel your pain!

blindblogger said...

Hope everything is going in Utah. We can blog again now. Yeah! Please keep us posted on the baby.