Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Hilo Zoo
We're on to my parents visit now. Boy, I've got a lot of catching up to do. My parents arrived two days after Matt's parents left. The next Monday, the kids started their two week spring break. Unfortunately, we didn't have as good of weather as we did while Matt's parents were here. We spent more time indoors, playing games, watching movies, etc. One morning when it wasn't raining, Dad and I took the kids to the zoo which we had never visited before. It's a small zoo, lots of beautiful, tropical birds, various monkeys, goats, llama, turtles, pigs, and lots of beautiful flora to appreciate. But the real attraction here is the white tiger. I must say, I was pretty impressed. I've never seen a white tiger before and it was beautiful. It has a huge enclosure and when we went up to the fence, it happened to be right next to the glass. They also let you watch during one of it's feeding times. Kind of gruesome but cool at the same time. They put him in a small cage with a bunch of chicken and steaks. The sound of bones crunching was crazy. We had a really nice time.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment